Twenty Billion Neurons (TwentyBN) is a Berlin- and Toronto-based AI startup as well as the creator of the world’s first seeing and interactive AI avatar, named Millie. We build the next generation of virtual assistants that are visually enabled and interactive.
We are looking for an AI engineering intern to help shape, develop and validate our world-changing AI technology. In this role, you’ll be a part of our engineering team and will help further improve our flagship product, Millie the AI avatar. If you want to play your part in shaping the future of AI, then come and join TwentyBN.
Duration: 3 to 6 months, full-time
Number of available positions: 1
What you’ll be doing
- Apply deep learning techniques to various exciting problems regarding digital video, from working on customer projects all the way to contributing to the core technology that is driving TwentyBN’s video understanding AI
- Design and facilitate dataset specifications for prototypical local data recording or large-scale crowd-based data collections
- Work in a team which has its workflow designed around a remote team setup, with pull requests, code reviews, continuous integration and collaborative decision making
- Work on new features for our AI avatar from conception and data collection to product testing and delivery
- Represent TwentyBN at different academic conferences and industry trade shows
Who we are looking for?
- You have completed or are pursuing a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
- Good command of Python in software development
- Solid understanding of common Neural Network concepts: e.g. CNNs, RNN, LSTM, backpropagation, dropout, various nonlinearities, loss-functions, learning-rates, optimizers, network-initialization, confusion matrices
- Sufficient knowledge of command line tools, including Git version management and SSH
- A getting-things-done mindset with a desire to push the boundaries of fundamental knowledge and to turn it into products people love
- Excellent communicator and team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Why you’ll love working here?
- Join a company that is helping shape the future of advanced deep learning systems that understand the world around them and be part of the crucial productization phase of a deep tech German-Canadian startup
- Work in a results driven environment that offers flexible hours, autonomy and responsibility
- At a young tech start-up, your career growth potential is limitless! Everyday will present a new opportunity to contribute your ideas, learn from ours and grow together
- Become part of a friendly, international and highly professional team that values trustworthiness, a pioneer spirit and encourages a healthy work-life balance
- We embrace diversity and inclusion and provide a safe and welcoming environment to everyone: Come as you are!
- Regular get-togethers from All Hands meetings to fun and exciting team events, fitness benefits, a book club and table tennis for taking a break
- A well stocked kitchen with healthy snacks to keep you fuelled
And most important: We don’t hire profiles – we hire people. If you feel like you can be the perfect match for us, though your background is a little bit different, be courageous and apply!